Re: AMD 64 3400+ processor - OT - Linux Chipsets

On Wed, 2005-01-05 at 10:04, Sean Jewett wrote:
> Well, IIRC, there was a problem with Win95 that was M$'s fault on that
> mobo, the problem did not exist under Win98.

Actually, the early mVP3 had bugs in both the north (memory) and
southbridge (peripheral/ATA) that showed up under both Windows and
Linux.  Latter revisions fixed the issues.

I know, I had both Epox and FIC boards with a latter mVP3.

--
Bryan J. Smith                                    b.j.smith@ieee.org
Subtotal Cost of Ownership (SCO) for Windows being less than Linux