Re: Win2003 server/SMB -- 2003 changed the handshake (in violation

On Friday, Dec 31, 2004, at 11:12 US/Central, Robert Citek wrote:
> On Friday, Dec 31, 2004, at 10:41 US/Central, Bryan J. Smith wrote:
>> I believe (?) Samba 2.2.8 or 2.2.9 fixed the problem.
>
> Apparently so.  I tried connecting via smbclient on an FC1 machine
> (samba-client-3.0.7-2.FC1) and it connects just fine.

Spoke a bit too soon.  While smbclient works just fine, smbmount does
not:

$ smbmount ...
cli_negprot: SMB signing is mandatory and we have disabled it.
21137: protocol negotiation failed
SMB connection failed

I've googled but haven't found any clear answers.  For example, some
sites suggest putting in 'client signing = yes' That didn't help.
Others suggested I use mount.cifs.  That didn't work either.
Apparently, the FC1 kernel I have does not support CIFS by default.
Unfortunately, I can't find a module to modprobe, either.

Still googling and reading.  Any pointers?

Regards,
- Robert
http://www.cwelug.org/downloads
Help others get OpenSource.  Distribute FLOSS for
Windows, Linux, *BSD, and MacOS X with BitTorrent