oh how i love lvm

since the semester is over and i no longer need to be running windows
on the lappy i decided to nuke the partition.

i got into the habit of making sure that all my non /boot partitions
were inside an lvm volume group.  thanks to the magic that is lvm i
was easily able to convert the hda1 partition over to an lvm physical
volume and expand my / partition into it, all quick and painless :)

of course this makes things a touch more interesting as the logical
lowerhalf of the / partition is not on the real lower half of the hard
drive, but this is a minor detail and not something i am going to
worry with trying to do anything with.

lvm is so very nice

Casey