Re: Tools and Techniques

On Friday, Dec 10, 2004, at 13:39 US/Central, Tim McDonough wrote:
> I'm looking for recommendations, tutorials, and tools/languages to use
> for developing applications that are web based -- the user need only
> have a browser and permissions to use the application.

Depends on what you want to do.  But two that you didn't have listed:

javascript ( lots of books )
XUL:
   http://www.mozilla.org/projects/xul/
   http://www.xulplanet.com/tutorials/xultu/

Both work in Firefox, and that's all you'll need.

Regards,
- Robert
http://www.cwelug.org/downloads
Help others get OpenSource.  Distribute FLOSS for
Windows, Linux, *BSD, and MacOS X with BitTorrent