Re: RH8 apt-get weirdness

On Sat, Dec 04, 2004 at 11:17:35AM -0600, mike808@users.sourceforge.net wrote:
> I was updating my KSPEI UML host and saw a strange message at the end.
[...]
> error opening /boot/grub/grub.conf for read: No such file or directory
>
> OK, does anyone else get a weird feeling when installing PERL modules
> from an APT repository are asking to mess with /boot/grub/grub.conf?

That's /usr/lib/apt/scripts/upgradevirt.lua running.  The problem is
that you don't have a normal kernel setup on that "system".  The
following should get rid of that message:

  perl -pi -e 's/(Upgrade-Virtual )"true"/$1"false"/' \
    /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/default.conf

The fedora.us apt package includes a lot of magic that works
wonderfully on the vast majority of systems, but it's not all 100%
perfect.

(618)398-3000             | See web site for meeting details.