Re: dist-upgrade gone wrong -- Fedora.US package meta-lists are

> > Then at Monday's meeting someone told me that not all of the services
> > were restarted with the dist-upgrade and I should reboot it anyway.
>
> Never reboot, unless you want to boot a new kernel.

or if you want to make sure everything is using upgraded/newer libraries.

apt-get upgrade does stop/start most things but not all.  so your
choices are init to a lower runlevel then back to the level you were
just in or reboot both of which will take about the same amount of
time but the simple reboot is much less hassle.  i told him to reboot
not knowing the fc3 repos were tanked (otherwise i wouldnt have
suggested it, but instead suggested he try to do a normal upgrade via
cd).