Re: Partition imaging mystery

--- "Robert G. (Doc) Savage" <dsavage@peaknet.net>
wrote:

> Daniel,
>
> I think you've got things turned around. The laptop
> is the _source_. The
> 3Com NIC with the rx ring buffer problem is on the
> _listener_.
>
> The listener has two Athlon MP 2800+ processors, 3G
> of registered ECC
> DDRAM, and 8G of swap. It more than meets the
> swap=2xRAM rule of thumb.
> And it keeps The Back Room(TM) warm in the winter.
>
> --Doc

Doc,

     Sorry I did get the two mixed up, but the premise
of the "out of memory" seems good.  You could have 4GB
of RAM and 16GB of Swap but sooner or later you would
hit a saturation point after enough data was recieved.
 It just seems logical that the more memory you have
available to the kernel the more data you can
transfer, but with the bug there is a saturation point
to any transfer.  This is a little too deep into the
kernel for my experience, but seemed like a good
explantion of the event.

Daniel