Re: [Slightly OT] USB v1 and v2 compatibility

Good point! 2 questions:

 1. What is a good self-powered USB 2.0 card for
Linux? (I currently have a 4-port USB 2.0 card, but it
needs an extenal A/C adapter, which is a bummer on a
laptop!)

2. What are some well-supported USB wireless cards for
Linux?

Thanks ahead of time!

--- "Bob T. Kat" <bob@evilkat.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 28, 2004 at 05:36:17PM -0700, Tom Dison
> wrote:
> > I've run an external USB 2.0 CR-RW off a 1.1 port
> on
> > my laptop many times, it works fine (under
> windoze,
> > linux and BSD). However, you can only burn at 4X.
> > Better to get a USB 2 PCMCIA card. I only have one
> > PCMCIA slot (cardbus), and I usually have a
> wireless
> > NIC in it.
> >

> if thats the case you could get a usb2 pcmcia card
> with two port and hook
> a usb wireless card off the other port, hehe we are
> getting to the point
> of being able to hook just about anything up to usb,
> a few months ago I
> was looking at USB sound cards for a laptop that the
> sound card had died
>
> Bob T. Kat
>
> -
> To unsubscribe, send email to majordomo@silug.org