Questions about Fedora 2

I have decided that in order to expand my linux experience, I want to
use Fedora 2 at work even though I have been using Mandrake for some
time now...

Anyway, I have a few quick questions that will help ease the transition.

Where is insmod, modprobe, and ifconfig? I finally got my network card
recognized, but there is no ifconfig command. I don't know how else to
check that I actually got an IP from the DHCP without it.

Is there an Update feature or better yet, an automagic update feature? I
can't seem to find it.

Is there a way to search through the available packages like you can do
in rpmdrake? Right now, all I see are the packages organized by groups
(editors, office, ...) and I have to root around in each of those
categories. Also, I know there has to be more packages that just what is
available in there.

How do I turn on automounting like I have in Mandrake? I tried to
connect a usb hard drive and had to struggle to figure out the right
line to add to fstab.

If anyone has any other experiences or revelations they had when they
switched from some other distribution to Fedora, I would greatly
appreciate the wisdom.

So far, I do like the fact that it seems like Fedora has a consistent
(and slick) look established.

Thanks,
Ken Keefe