Re: Knoppix, wifi, tests

On Tue, Aug 31, 2004 at 07:13:24AM -0500, Robert Citek wrote:
> On Tuesday, Aug 31, 2004, at 06:34 US/Central, Steven Pritchard wrote:
> >I'd imagine that the Proxim Harmony cards that I still have a few of
> >would work nicely.
>
> I'll bring the laptop and my existing Proxim Harmony card and maybe we
> can figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Ah, that's right...  I read that you had a Proxim Harmony, but I
forgot...  I guess that's what I get for replying to email before I
have had any caffeine.

That said, feel free to come by.  We can easily try one of the other
cards as well, just to make sure the problem isn't something odd on
your card (like firmware revision or something).

> >Maybe you should come visit a store that knows something about Linux
> >support.  (618)398-3000 if you want directions.  ;-)
>
> Got 'em already. :)  Search for "Pritchard" on this page:
>
>   http://www.cwelug.org/cgi-bin/wiki.cgi?Local_Businesses

One thing...  The map is a little off.  (I should probably tell
Mapquest about this.)  Imagine the red star off to the right a bit,
about the same distance on the other side of Commerce Ln.

Easy directions from the west:

  Take I-64 to exit 12.
  Turn right on IL-159.
  Immediately turn right on Market Place.
  Look for the strip mall on the right, just after Borders.

> What hours are you open?

The "open" sign is on from 10-6, but don't be surprised if someone is
there much earlier/later than that.  (For example, I'll be heading
that way in a few minutes.  Most days I'd probably be there already.)