Re: 3ware, tw_cli, disassemble/rebuild array

On Friday, Aug 20, 2004, at 20:20 US/Central, Casey Boone wrote:
> oddly i have been having a linux and 3ware related problem lately as
> well, albeit not the same one you are. :)
>
> been having one heck of a time compiling a kernel, ok well not the
> kernel compile itself, that seems to work ok, its the make install >
> part
>
> get an error making the initrd about missing 3w_xxxx modules (the
> server in question has a 3ware in it that holds the data partition)

FWIW, here's our modules.conf and an lsmod on our box:

$ grep 3w /etc/modules.conf
alias scsi_hostadapter 3w-xxxx

$ lsmod | grep -e _mod -e xxxx -e Mod
3w-xxxx                39648   3
sd_mod                 13420   6
scsi_mod              109688   2 [3w-xxxx sd_mod]

As far as I know, we are using a stock Red Hat 9 kernel

$ cat /etc/redhat-release
Red Hat Linux release 9 (Shrike)

$ uname -va
Linux subaru 2.4.20-18.9smp #1 SMP Thu May 29 06:41:01 EDT 2003 i686
athlon i386 GNU/Linux

Regards,
- Robert