learning MySQL

I'm at a point where I need to learn to use MySQL in a
FedoraCore+apache2+PHP environment and I'm a newbie when it comes to
databases.  Any suggestions on learning materials online, books, etc?

Additionally, are there any minimum version numbers for MySQL or PHP to
work with httpd 2.0.x?  apt-get wants to install php-4.3.8 and
mysql-3.23.58, even though I know that mysql is available from a mirror
as 4.0.x

Thanks in advance,
--
Dan Fleischer