Re: Mounting NFS drives only when docked

Do you have differing ethernet interfaces when the system is docked?  If
so, it shuldn't be that hard to whip something up that will look and see
what is up and then take the appropriate action.

> Does anybody have any good utility or algorithm suggestions for setting
> up automatic NFS mounts from my server to my laptop whenever I boot it
> up in its home docking station?
>
> What I want is to have my cake and eat it too. I've moved and
> reorganized more than 100G of stuff off my 48G and 80G laptop drives
> onto the new server (where it's safe!). I don't want to maintain copies
> of that much stuff on the laptop. Besides, once in a while I'd like to
> use the DVD/CD-RW drive in the expansion bay the second hard drive has
> been living in. I think I will replicate on my laptop the directory
> structure now in /pub on my server, then use NFS to mount them back on
> the laptop.
>
> I could edit /etc/fstab and do this brute force. But I think I'll always
> face the choice between manually and automounting them. If I manually
> mount them in dock, then I won't have to wait for a couple of dozen NFS
> mounts to fail when not docked?
>
> Is there a better way?
>
> --Doc

Tighe Schlottog         workape         fiaid
"Nothing is too cruel if it is funny enough."