Re: trapping CTRL-ALT-...

Robert,
I have an idea, mind you I haven't tested anything but here's some food
for thought.

First, you have to know what keymap you are using.  I'm not quite sure
how to figure this out, in Debian, there is a directory
/usr/share/keymaps/i386/qwerty that has all your keymaps.  I just picked
one to look at the syntax.  So, for whatever you keymap is you'll need
to uncompress and edit it.  Here's what I'm guessing it should look
like.

***Original****
keycode   2 = one              exclam
        alt     keycode   2 = Meta_one
        shift   alt     keycode   2 = Meta_exclam

****New*****
keycode   2 = one              exclam
        alt     keycode   2 = Meta_one
        shift   alt     keycode   2 = Meta_exclam
        control   alt     keycode   2 = KeyboardRequest

Again this has not been tested, it is a guess.  I have no clue what my
keymap is or how to find out, so I am just guessing here, hopefully this
helps.

Then, in inittab I would do something like:
rl1::kbrequest:/sbin/init 1

Hope this helps!

--Mark