Re: PHP vs Perl

On Wed, Aug 04, 2004 at 03:31:59PM -0500, Ken Keefe wrote:
> in the years to come. So, should I keep heading for PHP or should I
> reconsider Perl?

Consider both.  PHP is used extensively in the commercial area now
(hey, I'm getting paid to write it now), and it's supported
universally pretty much everywhere with a reasonably recent version.

Perl-written CGI scripts are growing less and less commonplace as
mod_perl setups with PerlHandlers take over.

You may also want to take a look at JSP and ASP.NET if you're
interested in server-side programming from an object-oriented
perspective.

--
Nathaniel Reindl

    "Die Grenzen meiner Sprache bedeuten die Grenzen meiner Welt."
       (The limits of my language mean the limits of my world.)
			-- Ludwig Wittgenstein