unable to mount cd's

Since upgrading to Fedora Core 2 I have been unable to mount any CD in
any CDROM drive. I can insert an audio disk and KSCD will run and I can
listen to it.

here is the error ...
[root@localhost root]# mount /mnt/cdrom
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/cdrom,
       or too many mounted file systems

here is my /etc/fstab
[root@localhost etc]# cat fstab
LABEL=/                 /                         ext3
defaults        1 1
LABEL=/boot          /boot                  ext3    defaults        1 2
none                         /dev/pts              devpts
gid=5,mode=620  0 0
none                         /proc                  proc
defaults        0 0
none                         /dev/shm            tmpfs   defaults        0 0
/dev/hda3                 swap                  swap    defaults        0 0
/dev/fd0                    /mnt/floppy       auto    noauto,owner,kudzu 0 0
/dev/hdb1                 /bigdisk             ext3    defaults        0 0
/dev/cdrom               /mnt/cdrom       udf,iso9660
user,unhide,noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0
/dev/cdrom1             /mnt/cdrom1     udf,iso9660
user,unhide,noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0

[root@localhost etc]# cd /dev
[root@localhost dev]# ls -ahl cdrom
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root 8 Jun  3 22:23 cdrom -> /dev/hdc

I removed the scsi emulation lines from /boot/grub/grub.conf

I rebooted

I have used known good CD's. When I issue the mount command the light on
the correct drive flashes. Is this something in SELinux?