Re: Linux Friendly Digital Camera - Recommandations?

On Thursday, July 8, 2004 at 11:51 a.m. "Steven Pritchard"
<steve@silug.org> wrote:
> To be honest, if you have an appropriate memory card reader, support
> for the camera is rather irrelevant.

I'll second that. I have one of the first Olympus C3030 3Mpixel cameras.
It came with a unique USB cable which I've long since misplaced. Since it
uses SmartMedia cards, I picked up a SanDisk SmartMedia PC Card adapter
for my laptop. I can remove the SmartMedia card from my camera and
mount/read it in my laptop as though it were a vfat floppy. PC Card
versions are hard to find these days, having been largely replaced by
external combo readers with USB interfaces.

--Doc