Re: db4 error, apt-get, rpm

On Wednesday, Jul 7, 2004, at 15:41 US/Central, Robert Citek wrote:
> From googling I've seen a number of suggestions, including "don't
> worry about it" to "upgrade glibc" to "boot with the 'nosysinfo'
> option".
>
> I'm fine with the "don't worry about it option", if it's true.

I'm not so convinced about the "don't worry about it" option:

# apt-get upgrade
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
You might want to run `apt-get -f install' to correct these.
   XFree86-Mesa-libGL: Depends: libc.so.6
E: Unmet dependencies. Try using -f.

A rebuilddb wasn't very helpful either:

# rpm --rebuilddb
error: db4 error(16) from dbenv->remove: Device or resource busy

Any thoughts?

Regards,
- Robert