Re: LKM Trojan

On Thursday, Jun 17, 2004, at 10:31 US/Central, Steven Pritchard wrote:
>   http://www.linksys.com/Products/product.asp?grid=33&scid=35&prid=601
>
> It's a Linux box, so you can still have a lot of control if you want
> to, but it's fairly locked down out of the box.  (Plus it does
> wireless, and it's less than $100.)

Too bad that Linksys does not make it more visible that linux is under
the hood.  There's no mention of it on the home page:

   http://www.linksys.com/

 From the link Steve posted, I had to first go to the firmware page:

   http://www.linksys.com/download/firmware.asp?fwid=201

and then the GPL Code Center:

   http://www.linksys.com/support/gpl.asp

to find the code for the kernel:

http://www.linksys.com/support/opensourcecode/wrt54g/1.30.1/kernel-
2.4.5.tgz

Thats really a shame that such good information is not more visible.

Regards,
- Robert