Re: LKM Trojan

On Thu, Jun 17, 2004 at 10:04:41AM -0500, Matt Wehland wrote:
> So you may have not even been trojaned, it may just have been a faulty
> detection.

I was going to say the same thing...  (Sorry, I haven't been reading
email for a couple of days.) chkrootkit has had false positives every
time I've run it.

BTW, if you don't want to mess with having unprotected systems, may I
recommend just picking up something like this?

  http://www.linksys.com/Products/product.asp?grid=33&scid=35&prid=601

It's a Linux box, so you can still have a lot of control if you want
to, but it's fairly locked down out of the box.  (Plus it does
wireless, and it's less than $100.)