Re: Can I stop accounts from receiving mail?

On Tue, Jun 15, 2004 at 12:43:41PM -0500, Charlie Brune wrote:
> Is there a way to make it so that a user account can't receive mail?  I'm
> using sendmail.  Some spammers have figured out that "root" exists for
> many (most?) domain names.  So... I'd like to block mail to "root" from
> the outside world.

one way that I recall a friend did that was to put in the aliases file:

root:		/dev/null

this will accept the mail just fine then drop it to /dev/null to be lost
forever =)

I just checked it and it works with postfix so YMMV with sendmail, good luck

Bob T. Kat