Re: xfree vnc and the local console

Probably the easiest way to do this, is to install KDE 3.2 or so. The
last few releases of KDE have included VNC capabilities directly into
KDE. You can enable them in the KControl Panel.

One way to help with security, is to force it to work on a different
port. This can be done by assigning it to a different port when setting
it up in KControl Panel. The other way is to use the firewall rules to
redirect options to direct the port that's open in the firewall to the
port that's assigned to VNC. I would recommend above 10000 since they're
not probed as often.

Hope that helps.
Travis

Travis Owens <openbook@linuxmds.com>