RHEL 3.0 and spamassassin

Has anyone else had problems with spamassassin on RHEL 3?  For some
reason, the bayesian filters are not working at all, even though I have a
rather large database, and have use_bayes set to 1 in my config file.
This set up worked until we moved from SuSE 6 to RHEL 3.  We're using the
spamassassin RPM from RHN because I can't get the one directly from CPAN
to compile.  If anyone has any insight, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Koree