Mandrake 10.0 hardware problems.

Hello!

I have a good install of Mandrake 10.0 on my Athlon 1.33Ghz Thunderbird PC,
using LILO to dual-boot to Win ME, and a logical Linux Ext2 partition of 8GB
with a 1024MB swapfile.  Other info on my PC:

I really need some help  - My problem is that I am confused by the hardware
setup which is new to me. I have no problem with reading data on my floppy,
my CD-ROM, my CD-RW or printing to my printer (Canon BJC-2110). I haven't
tried to create a CD-R disk, since I haven't gotten that far yet.

I can't access my 40GB Buslink IEEE1394 (firewire) external drive, nor my
internal ZIP250 IDE/ATAPI drive.

 The ZIP drive is a slave to my internal hard drive on the primary IDE
connector, and the CD-R and CD-RW drives both take up the secondary IDE
connector.

 The ZIP250 drive has an icon on the KDE desktop. I cannot mount the ZIP250
by inserting a removable media in the drive, even if I do that before I boot
up.

The Buslink external drive has no desktop icon.  I get no response from the
external HD at all.

The specs on my PC are:

     Mid-tower ATX form factor case, 300w power supply and dual fans.
     AMD Athlon Thunderbird 1.33Ghz CPU (SLOT A)
     ASUS A7A266 DDR Motherboard, with 266Mhz FSB.
     256MB PC2100 266Mhz DDR SDRAM.
     Windows Millenium Edition (OEM CD and COA).
     Mandrake 10.0 GNU/Linux (LILO dual boot)

      Mitsumi 1.44 MB 3.5" Dual Density floppy drive
      Mitsumi PS/2 104-key keyboard
      Mitsumi PS/2 scroll mouse.

     GEM .26 dpi 17" SVGA Scanport PnP monitor.
     Canon BJC-2110 Color Inkjet printer.
     Creative Labs stereo powered external speakers.

     Iomega Zip250 internal ATAPI IDE drive.
     Iomega Zip250 external USB 1.1 drive.

     ACER CD-950E/TKU 50X CD-ROM ATAPI IDE drive.
     ACER 12x8x32 CD-R/RW ATAPI IDE drive.
     Western Digital 40GB 7200 RPM Ultra ATA hard drive.
     Buslink 40GB external "Firewire" hard drive (shared).

     Visiontek Nvidia GeForce2 MX 32MB AGP video card.
     Creative SB Live! Value PCI audio/game card.
     U.S. Robotics internal 56K V.90 data/fax modem.
     AOpen 10/100 Fast Ethernet NIC PCI card.

     2 PS/2 ports for mouse and keyboard.
     4 USB 1.1 ports (back).
     3 IEEE 1394 "firewire" ports (back).
     1 parallel port (LPT1).
     2 serial ports (COM1, COM2).

     Under Win ME only:

         Creative SB Live! audio center software.
         VisionTek Nvidia graphics adapter software.
         Iomegaware 4.0.2 software for Zip drives.