IBM docking station's second USB port inop

I thought the controller for my docking stations's upper USB port had
failed until I booted up with my Win2K drive (something I rarely do at
home). That port works perfectly with Windows. This is important because
I have to use a passive hub in the lower port to use more than one USB
device.

This has the feel of a modules.conf problem, but I'm not quite sure how
to go about it fixing it. My Thinkpad's full docking station (not just a
port replicator) has two USB ports in back. Both work perfectly under
Win2K, but under FC1 only the lower port is functional.

My /etc/modules.conf file contains:

   alias scsi_hostadapter ncr53c8xx        <-- PCI card in dock
   alias eth0 e100
   alias usb-controller usb-uhci

The ThinkPad itself has only one USB port in back, which is inaccessible
when my laptop is docked. The docking station has two controllers and
ports of its own. Do I need to manually add another usb-controller line
to modules.conf to activate that second USB port? If so, what should it
say?

--Doc