Re: Help a sshd newbie!

Hello Ken,

On Friday, May 14, 2004, at 12:04 US/Central, Ken Keefe wrote:
> I tried what you said, I set it to accept everything and I think it is
> still not accepting everything. I try to ping and there is 100% loss.
> Everything works on 127.0.0.1 but not 192.168.1.29(eth0). I am doing
> all
> this from the server itself.

It sounds as though either the interface is down or your firewall is
still up.  Here's a sequence of commands to try in a bash script:

#!/bin/bash
set -x
ifconfig
ping -c 1 127.0.0.1
ping -c 1 192.168.1.29
for i in filter nat mangle ; do echo ==$i ; iptables -t $i -L ; done

Send the list the output from the above script.

Regards,
- Robert