Netcraft interview with Miguel de Icaza

Hi:
 Very interesting interview of Miguel here. It concerns Linux desktops
and how Mono can empower ordinary users to contribute.

Excerpt:

A. A lot of the things that Microsoft was addressing with .Net were
touching on existing pain points for us. We've been using C and C++ way
too much - they're nice, but they're very close to the machine and what
we wanted was to empower regular users to build applications for Linux.
Windows has a lot of tools that address a particular problem but on
Linux we're kind of on our own in terms of development...

http://news.netcraft.com/archives/2004/04/28/interview_with_miguel_de_icaza_cofounder_of_gnome_ximian_and_mono.html