Re: Open Source's effects on programmer jobs

My guess is the opposite-- you can hire more programmers for more projects
when your overhead goes down.  I can tell that the embedded world makes
heavy use of GNU tools & lang's-- would shut down instantly if they were
taken away.  You'd probably see alot fewer cheesey embedded gadgets if
they were paying for proprietary development tools and licensing OS'es.

Incidently, high-dollar proprietary stuff from Wind River Systems uses the
GNU compiler and many other GNU tools.