samba + cups printing problem

I upgraded a Red Hat 7.2 box to Fedora Core 1 over the weekend, and
today none of the samba users could print.  It took me a while to work
out exactly what happened, but the problem was a result of the
automatic upgrade from LPRng to CUPS.  The first part of the solution
was to configure samba to print to cups directly (instead of using the
lpr/lpq/etc. front-ends) by putting the following in the [global]
section of /etc/samba/smb.conf:

  printing = cups
  printcap name = cups

(It used to say "printing = lprng" and "printcap name = /etc/printcap".
Just changing the "printing" line didn't change the behavior, which
confused me greatly until I found the "printcap name" line.  :-)

The next problem was that apparently cups was filtering input from the
network, where apparently LPRng didn't.  Changing the printer types to
Generic/Raw Print Queue in redhat-config-printer and uncommenting the
application/octet-stream lines in /etc/cups/mime.convs and
/etc/cups/mime.types fixed that problem.

If any of you try to upgrade to samba 3, feel free to ask me about the
other couple of minor changes that need to be made to your config.
The good news is that with those changes, XP works out of the box with
samba as a domain controller.  (I haven't even thought about tackling
samba's AD support yet.)