Re: Best 3D card under (Gentoo) Linux?

the general rule of thumb is if you want decent open source support go ati,
while if closed source is your thing go nvidia.  ati's linux drivers are
rather slow compared to nvidia's.

that being said i almost exclusively buy ati cards (radeon vivo, 8500dv, and
now a 9600pro).  i never use anything other than 2d under linux anyway and
just about every video card will pull that off decently nowdays under xfree.

Casey