Re: ndiswrapper

I use ndiswrapper for my Trendnet TEW-221PC card (it
is an ADMTek chip) and it works great. I tried
compiling the source for the native ADMTek driver, but
it was VERY unreliable, kept losing connectivity, etc.
Since I switched to ndiswrapper and the windows driver
the card is as solid as a rock. Lately I've had to do
a lot of manual tweaking to get everything working on
my Presario laptop, but finally EVERYTHING works. I
had to compile a 2.6.3 kernel and TURN OFF apm, enable
ACPI, etc and now I have a cool laptop. It used to be
a furnace. The key was getting the POWERNOW stuff to
work. Also, I manually compiled the savage video
driver (I have a Savage4 "TwisterK" chip) and now I
have DRI and OpenGL working. I can play TuxRacer! The
things we have to do use our favorite OS!!

https://broadband.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-us/go/onm00200360ave/direct/01/

> -
> To unsubscribe, send email to majordomo@silug.org
> with