Re: Fedora Core 1 (was Re: review of Gentoo)

On Tue, 23 Mar 2004 15:21:11 -0600, Steven Pritchard wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 23, 2004 at 02:35:12PM -0600, Tim McDonough wrote:
>
>> Last weekend I tried to upgrade my RH 8.0 System to Fedora Core 1
>> and it failed also. I have used the same set of CDs to do an
>> install on another machine without a problem.
>>

> That's just weird.  I haven't had a *single* install or upgrade
> fail.

Well, this isn't a big sample statistically. I used my FC1 CDs to
install as a second OS on one of my machines and everything worked
extremely smoothly. All hardware detected, nary a glitch, etc.

The same set of CDs trying to do an upgrade on the RH 8 machine failed
each time I tried with the boot image problem mentioned earlier. Just
to do a quick test of the CD-ROM drive I did boot from the RH 8 CDs
and later aborted the upgrade/install before it did anything.

Tim