Open Source OS

This is an OK intro to BSD - enjoy

Excerpt:
Open Source OS
The Berkeley Software Distribution operating systems have much to offer
by Steven J. Vaughan-Nichols
Sometimes, we get a little full of ourselves in the Linux community. We
portray ourselves as the elder statesmen, the users of the oldest open
source operating system around. Except, of course, we're not. The oldest
open source operating systems are the Berkeley Software Distribution
(BSD) operating systems, including FreeBSD, NetBSD, and OpenBSD, the
commercial BSD/OS, and Apple's BSD-based MacOS X.

http://www.linux-mag.com/2003-12/bsd_01.html