Re: *BSD

>From: "L. V. Lammert" <lvl@omnitec.net>
>>Also, what part of Windows is based on BSD?  The only thing I'm aware of
>>in Windows that has a BSD base is the TCP/IP stack.  WinNT is largely
>>thought to be a decendant of VMS, if not direct in design.
>
>Affirmative. The TCP/IP stack originated from BSD code. Who is to say what
>still exists today, however.

although i dont have any sourcecode to do an audit (nor would i want to
given the number of semis required to haul a printed copy of the source for
xp), i have read that the only bsd parts left in the windows nt line would
be a handful of commandline utilities such as ftp.exe.  the tcpip stack is
supposed to have been scrapped and rewritten somewhere along the line before
xp hit the streets.

(cant really use the internet for a while and the list goes hyperactive
whilst im away lol)

Casey