troubleshooting samba connections

I am running RedHat Linux 8

I'm having problems with my samba connections.
I'm not using swat.

I have establihsed all of the connections at one point in time .

Have the following  windows users on my windows PC :
 - f205351
 -roger

Windows PC name is "md07261"

Have the following shares setup on my Linux system, in /etc/samba/smb.conf

[homes]
   comment = Home Directories
   browseable = yes
   writable = yes
   valid users = %S
   valid users = f205351 md07261
   create mode = 0664
   directory mode = 0775
   #workgroup = USMDSCNET

[f205351]
 # workgroup = us.mdscnet.com
 # workgroup = USMDSCNET
 comment = rogerhill employee id
 valid users = f205351 md07261
 path = /home/f205351
 public = yes
 writable = yes
 create mode = 0664
 directory mode = 0775

[md07261]
# workgroup = us.mdscnet.com
# workgroup = USMDSCNET
comment = rogerhill workstation
valid users = f205351 md07261
path = /home/md07261
public = yes
writable = yes
create mode = 0664
directory mode = 0775

[roger]
# workgroup = us.mdscnet.com
# workgroup = USMDSCNET
comment = rogerhill workstation
valid users = f205351 md07261 roger
path = /home/roger
public = yes
writable = yes
create mode = 0664
directory mode = 0775

Have users setup on R H Linux box as :
-md07261
-roger
-f205351

Also set them up as samba users via command /etc/samba/smbpasswd -a
username

I just want to be able connect to the respective share with the same user
name .
At one time these were all established, however, when I rebooted my windows
PC, and the
network connections attempt to restore connections, I put in the samba
password for the
samba share and I get the error from Windoze :

user : f205351
passwd : f205351 passwd

  "The network path for "\\bsv002\f205351" could not be found"

I've tried smbpasswd -e f205351 to enable the user in Linux. Nothing seems
to work.

Is this a problem with Windows or Linux? I'm 110% positive I'm using
correct user/passwd.

How can I setup samba to keep a log file?

r h