OK, that's enough

This argument has gone on long enough.  You guys aren't going to
convince each other, so obviously you just want to argue.  One person
who has been on the list for almost as long as it has existed has
unsubscribed, and I can only assume it is because the signal-to-noise
ratio for this list has approached SLUUG levels.  I'm not going to let
it go on any longer.  Please just drop this mutating thread.  If I
have to do something to make it stop, I am going to be intensely
displeased.

Oh, and a quick warning to all of you (but especially Mike808): I
can't believe I have to say this, but this is a *Linux* mailing list,
not a place for you to toss around your personal politics.  So let me
make this clear.

  There will be NO discussion of politics or religion on this list (or
  any other that I am the admin for).  If you think you need to use
  either to make a point, you don't.  Don't post.

  FAILURE TO FOLLOW THIS RULE WILL RESULT IN YOUR ADDRESS BEING
  UNSUBSCRIBED FROM THE LIST.  THERE WILL BE NO WARNINGS.

Thank you, and have a nice day.