Re: Xandros (was Fedora Core) [(was Xandros 2.0)]

> As a sidebar; after the fact I looked over the outside of the box for
> all available information. A website www.xandros.com is listed but there
> is no phone support.

Speaking of, has anyone noticed *ANY* phone support offered for *ANY* distro?
I mean that in a constructive way, since Steve brings it up as something notable
that he finds lacking in Xandros.

My point is partly to indicate that Xandros is hardly alone in Steve's
observation while pretending to be a "newbie/casual user" to Linux. The other
part is to compile a list of those distros that offer phone support and what
those phone numbers are. By "phone support", I mean the typical distro
*installation* support, usually for 30/60/90 days, which is what Steve wanted,
as would most new-to-Linux users also.

Could folks fill in the blanks in the list below? I'll start a kwiki page in the
meantime. http://www.archlug.org/kwiki/SupportOptions

SuSE: 510-628-3385

Lindows: N/A ($80/yr)

Lycoris: