Mozilla MPlayer plug-in and Radeon dualhead (was Re: Xandros 2.0)

On Sun, Mar 07, 2004 at 03:00:28PM -0600, Stephen D. Reindl wrote:
> I was primarily interested in the crossover media player anyway, but I
> have found that the MPlayer plug-in for Mozilla handles windows media
> just fine as well as most other formats.

Speaking of which, was there an RPM for that MPlayer plug-in in some
apt repository somewhere, or am I dreaming?

> Since I don't have a need for any Microsoft "stuff" I'll pass. There is
> another who wants to see if his ATI dual head will operate correctly, so
> the disc's will not be unused.

I'm not toying with Xandros any time soon; I have machines coming out
of my ears, but I'm running a little tight on disk for them to use.

In any case, I'm certain that it has something to do with the XFree86
RPMs in Fedora, but I'm not willing to compile and install X myself on
my only workstation to test this.

Call me a wuss, but the source code for X11 just... really scares me.

Oh, if anyone is even /remotely/ curious, I have a Radeon 8500LE
(R200) with 64MB of DDR, and with the dualhead config I had in RH9, X
found the screens just fine and worked as expected, but I haven't been
able to get things working since the upgrade.

--
Nathaniel Reindl

"Du weisst doch, dass du es lesen willst, und mach was du musst, weil
es das einzige Ding wird, das du machen wirst."