Re: OT: Installing NetBSD 1.6.2

On Fri, 2004-03-05 at 13:16, bja@Illinois.DynDNS.Org wrote:
>  Ignore my other post about
> userland ppp in NetBSD as I think I was hallucinating. Except for the part
> about iptables being the worst interface I've ever seen for a firewall.
>
> pppd's configuration file is in /etc/ppp/options
>
> Brandon Joseph Adams

OK Brandon (and others):

 I got NetBSD 1.6.2 to dial out using the USB modem and I pinged an
external address. I have a few quick questions:
     1. in /etc/rc.conf  should my hostname have a period at the end "."
        like so "notebook.silbsd.org."
     2. Is there a relase version of the kernel that I can use or should
        I update to CURRENT? As a newbie I am tempted to stick with the
        stable version.