Re: OT: Installing NetBSD 1.6.2

> Thanks Doc:
>
>  Actually NetBSD detected my external USB modem. It had the correct make
> and
> model in the boot messages. I should have mentioned that in the firts
> e-mail. What I am really looking for is something similar to FreeBSD's
> excellent userland PPP. I just can't seem to find it.
pppd(8) is very similiar and provides the same functionality. In fact, it
may be the same as kerneland pppd in FreeBSD. Ignore my other post about
userland ppp in NetBSD as I think I was hallucinating. Except for the part
about iptables being the worst interface I've ever seen for a firewall.

pppd's configuration file is in /etc/ppp/options

Brandon Joseph Adams