Re: Q: Wine

On Tue, 2004-02-24 at 23:55, mike808@users.sourceforge.net wrote:
> I've installed some apps under WINE.
>
> It seems one of them has installed itself under "Progra~1/Common~1/Micros~1/"
> instead of in the usual "Program Files/Common Files/Microsoft".
>
> Can I move them over to the proper place?
>
> Do I need to leave the old ~1 location laying around?
>
> Would it be better to remove the ~1 directories after moving the contents to the
> proper location?
>
> Or should I leave hard links or soft links?
>
> Is there any registry cleanup required?
>
> Any WINE experts done this before?
>
> This is on a WINE system with NO pre-existing Windows installation.

Mike,

Do you have both Progra~1 *and* Program Files subdirectories? I don't
suppose you know which specific app fouled things up, do you? (I didn't
think so.) Until you find the root cause, I wouldn't rename any
directories.

For what it's worth, I just re-installed CodeWeaver's stuff and it
properly created:

~/.cxplugin/dotwine/fake_windows/Program Files/Common Files/...

For some reason it didn't create a /usr/local/etc/wine.systemreg
registry file (yet?). Standby, Houston... rpm says I don't have plain
old wine installed. The FC1 release notes don't mention it, but I seem
to recall that Fedora dropped wine support (for nptl reasons???).

--Doc