Re: I'm Looking for a Database Wizard!

> From: Harold Crouch <hcrouch@mchsi.com>
> Date: 2004/02/11 Wed PM 07:53:12 CST

> MS SQL Server.

> faster on Access than on the other front ends.

That sounds like a Microsoft ideal, Access front-end with SQL backend.
Looks like you guys have been paying your suck-Bills-butt tax, congrats!
I've been involved in several apps with that scenario, and really, it's
not too bad of an arrangement.  Just have to make sure that you use all
"SQL views" in your Access queries, instead of letting Access run the
query, cause Access actually sucks the tables down and then runs the
query, instead of passing the query to SQL and waiting for the response.
Really stupid way to implement that, but we've tested it several times
to make sure we weren't stoned about it....

William

--
William Underwood
wllmundrwd@charter.net