Re: I've got DSL

I suggest trying to download something from a wisc.edu mirror server for
a kernel or something.

A 1.5Mbit DSL line in Chicagoland will suck something down @
~170kbytes/sec which, x8, is ~1.5Mbit's when you include the packet
overhead.  Perhaps b.j.smith can tell me where I'm wrong.

Another one to try, if you like South Park, 64.224.218.10 usually gives
a constant 170kbytes ( when using ameritch/sbc).

Yup, if you can't get ~170kbytes/sec from somewhere, it s*cks.  Thanks
for the warning-- let me know what your testing reveals.