[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
30-month old dual-Athlon rig (plus upgrades at 15-months ago) --WAS: What then must we do?
On Thu, 2004-02-05 at 22:32, Jonathan wrote:
> I can recommend Steve and Kara's computers. They built one for my
> friend and it was a really nice box. Tooless case, MSI 266 MHz MoBo, AMD
> 2000 Athlon, 256 Mb Ram, ATI Radeon 7500 and a 60 GB (7200 rpm) EIDE
> HDD. IIRC, it was ~ $585.00. Of course Linux runs very well on their
> boxes. It also had a really nice keyboard and optical mouse.
I've been running Linux on the same box for 30 months now, although I
upgraded the CPUs, video card and DVD-RAM 15 months ago.
- Dual-Athlon MP2400+ (2.0GHz/266MHz)
[ Originally Athlon 1.4GHz (266MHz) ]
- 1GB PC2100 DDR Registered ECC SDRAM
- 3Ware Escalade 6410 32-bit ASIC, 512KB SRAM (Static RAM) ATA RAID
- (4) 80GB, 7200rpm WDD80 ATA in RAID-10 (160GB Usable)
- (1) Panasonic 4th-Gen 2x1x2x DVD-R/RW/RAM, 12x8 CD-R/RW Drive
[ Originally Panasonic 3rd-Gen 1x2x DVD-R/RAM Drive ]
- (1) Lite-On 48x16x48 CD-R/RW Drive
- nVidia (NV25) GeForce4 Ti4200 128MB
[ Originally nVidia (NV20) GeForce3 64MB ]
- Philips 201B 21" Monitor (PCMag Ed Choice Dec 1997), plus
- Envision EN-910e 19" Monitor, in
- 3200x1600 dual-head, full 3D accelerated config
- IOMega Buz Zoran MJPEG Video Codec and Advansys AP930 UltraSCSI
- ViA VT6306 IEEE1394 FireWire (400)
- Creative Labs ES1373 SB128PCI
- Linksys LNX100TX 4.1 10/100 NIC
Bryan J. Smith, E.I. -- Engineer, Technologist, School Teacher
To unsubscribe, send email to email@example.com with
"unsubscribe silug-discuss" in the body.