Re: [Fwd: Re: SOHO: Linux compatible notebooks

Yup.  It'll be something like in order to have the M$ SDK's / source
code for driver development, they can't touch any other OS.  There will
also be stuff like getting better pricing if they're solely M$.

There were squeaks a few years ago that M$ wanted paid for every PC
regardless of the OS on it under the claim that all PCs will obviously
have M$ on them.

In the mid-late '90's you literally could not buy an M$less PC from one
of the big makers as M$ would literally cut them off otherwise.  That
changed several years ago.