Re: I hate Linux

Stephen,

Not blasting you back, nor intending for a flame war, but I would ask
how long you've been using Linux as a desktop?

I do understand that GPG keys are a bit of a pain sometimes, but then
again, so is getting hacked, cracked, and all the things that happen to
bring about encryption and authentication.

I myself have been using Linux on the desktop (as my full-time desktop
w/o any Windows) for over 2 years. I know for a fact that there are many
more on this list that can put up longer times, but the simple fact
remains, after being in an open environment for that long, there's no
way I could ever go back. I know there are some caveats to running
Linux, but I can easily overlook them when I know that for the most
part, I can find what programs I need by looking online, and not only
can I find them, I can freely download them and install them and
generally find all the help I need to make it work. Granted, it's not as
easy every time, but it's a lot easier than Windows, where +90% of the
programs are not free, nor available online, nor is there a quality help
solution available for Windows problems.

It's not a perfect world for Linux in general, and the desktop is more
challenged than the server world, but when you look around in the
Windows world (especially in the email scenario) I count myself
extremely blessed to be able to reap the benefits of so many dedicated
programmers that bring us this great OS.

<looking back on his words a little freaked out that he's gone
spastic...>

Sorry for the rant (so-to-speak)...
Travis

--