Re: BASH trivia

Hi Kara,

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 06:59:45 -0600 (CST) UTC (1/23/2004, 6:59 AM -0600 UTC
my time), Kara Pritchard wrote:

K> Some of you may remember our old SILUG member, Randy Flood.  He's
K> somewhere warmer these days, and sent me this interesting BASH tip.  I
K> thought some of you might find it interesting as well.

How is Randy doing... I wonder what happened to him, got transferred I
assume. By warm, I hope you mean in the States here <g>

Those tips come from a list, Unix Guru Universe UNIX Hot Tip List, that
sends you a UNIX tip every morning.. Some are for Sun, HP-UX, etc, but most
can be used in Linux, e.g. bash or perl scripts, etc, and are informative.
Anyone interested, see below.

Here is another quickie tip..

GETTING IPs FROM IFCONFIG

You can use ifconfig to lookup
IP addresses bound to your box.
If you do not want to search the
output from ifconfig, use the
following command to get just
the IP listing.

ifconfig | awk '/inet/{print $2}' | awk -F: '{print $2}'

Gary

Marriage certificate is just another word for a work permit.