Re: Configuring APT on Local Network

On Fri, Dec 05, 2003 at 06:42:57PM -0500, John Dey wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I can't ping either the domain name or the IP address for ccrma.  That
> doesn't surprise me in that I have a firewall set up that I am guessing
> blocks such direct access.  As I mentioned, I can reach the domain name
> in Mozilla in that it is set up to use the proxy server.  In apt.conf
> there is a Proxy section and the manual pages for apt.conf provides some
> cryptic information that I do not understand.  I am looking for help
> from someone that could share with me their apt.conf file that has been
> set up to use a proxy server.
>
> Thanks for the assistance.

possibly a better idea, set the firewall up to redirect any http traffice
out through squid (i'm guessing it's the proxy your using) an then you don't
have to set all your client and client apps up to know you have a proxy, it's
nicely automagic

it slipped my mind that i have all my firewalls set up that way for ease
of administration, i'm really not sure of anyone who is using apt pointed
at a proxy, sorry

Bob T. Kat