Re: Red Hat Linux end-of-life update and transition planning (fwd)

My issue is not from a usage standpoint.  I've done everything from
Slackware, to SuSE, to Caldera, to Redhat.  My issue is with the desktop
environment.  I can handle setting up even the most difficult of
distributions.  My issue is more about ease of setup, and default
configuration.  I just don't know how far advanced the other distros are
now, and which ones do/don't suck.  For my home environment, I prefer
something that takes little thought to set up, and has a nice, slick
desktop.  And, I'd prefer something that uses RPMs.  While I know how to
handle source, I just don't like to do it except on servers :D

This affects the company I work for a great deal.  We have in the
neighborhood of 15,000 Redhat servers.  That's a fairly large EOL
migration...

Koree

Koree A. Smith  | Ameth Technologies
koree@koree.net | koree@ameth.org